Upload, download, and manage data with Azure Storage Explorer
Connect Azure Storage Explorer to a storage account
* Storage Explorer is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux
* It’s easy to connect to and manage multiple storage accounts.
* The interface lets you connect to Azure Cosmos DB and Data Lake.
* Use the interface to update and view entities in your storage accounts
* Storage Explorer is free to download and use
* Manage the data stored in multiple Azure storage accounts and across Azure subscriptions
Use local emulators
* Development phase of your project, not want developers to incur additional costs by using Azure storage accounts
* Storage Explorer supports two emulators: Azure Storage Emulator and Azurite.
* Azure Storage Emulator: uses local MS SQL 2012 expresse (Azure Table, Queue, Blob)
* Azurite: uses Node.js open-source emulator that supports most Azure Storage commands through an API
* Add resources by using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
* Use a connection string
* Use a shared access signature URI
* Use a name and key
* Attach to a local emulator
* Attach to Azure Cosmos DB through a connection string
* Attach to Azure Data Lake by using a URI
A view after connected
To create a blob, fs, queue or table just right click the header with same name under the storage account, and upload a blob
You can also view the properties (Url, etc ), action and get a feel of the settings a bit different than in the portal.
Lets upload the image and view in the portal
Test access to the blob with:
To grant anonymous users read access to a container and its blobs, you can set the container public access level. When you grant public access to a container, then anonymous users can read blobs within a publicly accessible container without authorizing the request.
After editing access level
On the same tab you can generate SAS and more:
But to enable SAS to the image you must go to the image and generate SAS there
And then cp the URL
And visit the site
It could be a time offset or difference between key1, 2 if you do not see anything or an auth error, generate new SAS alter start time.
Lets try with a txt file
Uplad a file to explorerblob generate a SAS and visit the URL.
Remember to set start time back a bit.